|Image by Hello Embrace|
This is a list I found at Marc and Angel Hack Life that I find very inspiring. I seem to naturally lean towards the negative and often realise that I’m not being the person that I want to be, but find it hard to change that, and that’s when I need to remind myself of these things and try to practice them. I hope it helps you, too 🙂
1. Choose to be the best YOU can be. Give it your all in everything you do, commit to your goals, and don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
2. Choose to be around the right people. Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
3. Choose to focus on what you have, not on what you haven’t. When you appreciate what you have, what you have appreciates in value.
4. Choose a good attitude. What often screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of how it’s supposed to be.
6. Choose to take care of your body. Taking care of your body is crucial to being the happiest person you can be.
7. Choose honesty. Integrity is the essence of everything successful.
8. Choose to help others when you’re able. Care about people.
9. Choose to let go when you know you should. Love is worth fighting for, but you can’t be the only one fighting. People need to fight for you too.
10. Choose to embrace the next step in your life. Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart.
“…a smile doesn’t always mean a person is happy right now; sometimes it simply means they are strong enough to face their problems going forward.”
“Never let someone’s opinion become your reality. Never sacrifice who you are because someone else has a problem with it.”
For each of these points I feel like shouting “Yes! Exactly!”. This is a condensed version of their article, if you enjoyed this please go read their full article here. You won’t regret it, and you’ll want to be a better person after 🙂